Monday, August 12, 2019

Man... I’m really behind!!!

Oh my holy cow!  It’s been 10(ish) months since my last post. SO much has happened over the past 10 months. Let’s see.... my last post was thanksgiving 2018, lol. 

December:  kids had a wonderful month. My dad visited from Missouri We went to Monticello and showed him around UVA campus (University of Missouri’s campus is a "replica" of UVA’s campus. It’s a cool story). The kids enjoyed having Paw paw Kent here for a few days. We did a couple mini home improvements and dad took me on a shopping spree to Lowe’s to get me everything I need to fix.... anything :). 

Christmas was spectacular. Santa brings the kids 4 gifts (want, need, wear, read). The 3 wise me bring them a church related gift that they open at bedtime on Christmas Eve. We went to dinner and drove around to see lights in Charlottesville. We had a wonderful time as a family. 

January- February was a blur. Paul worked a lot and we didn’t have a lot going on at the time. Afton was in Dance for those months until she came home one evening and said she was never going back. So... that was that. She is very firm in her opinions and in some situations it’s best to let her make the final decision.  Throughout those months we started Levi in speech. He is incredibly delayed and we started working with early intervention in December when he was 18 months old. We also had 3 audiology appointments bc we were unsure as to what he could actually hear. 

March: I have a radical hysterectomy on March 23. When you have 2 kids, nothing is easy. I decided I would be fine staying at the hospital alone... I was WRONG. I survived by I suffered through every minute of it. The hysterectomy was the most painful thing I have ever experienced. On a scale of 1-10 and having a baby is usually your 10... this was a 100. I was in so much pain that I was sick to my stomach. Thankfully I was able to call my mom, have a good cry and she talked me through the hard night I spent at the hospital. I came home on the 24th and the drive home was brutal. 45 minutes and then we had to stop and get my pain meds filled. I have a rough time with pain meds. I cannot take Percocet bc it makes me entire body itch like crazy so I have to take Benadryl to counteract the itching. In the hospital they gave me dilaudid and oh my gosh all I did was scratch and scratch. I was so out of it, I woke up at one point and called the nurse to tell me my IV was talking to me. So... I came home with Tylenol 3 and it did NOTHING for the pain. I walked into the house and straight to bed and spent most of the first 3 days in bed. Paul took 11 days off of work and even when he went back I was technically not allowed to lift my son. Yeah right. Overall, surgery went well. I was able to keep my ovaries but she did take my tubes and my cervix. For 11 days my sweet husband did everything around the house. My reproductive journey is complete and it is a strange feeling. In the past 5 years I’ve been through 7 months of clomid, 9 months of pregnancy, 2 1/2 years raising Afton, 3 more months of clomid, 1 miscarriage, 2 months of clomid, 9 months of being pregnant with Levi, uterine ablation, hysterectomy and now i have a 4 year old and 2 year old. Talk about a whirlwind. My OBGYN said I’m her first patient that she has seen from start to finish. Infertility to babies and then hysterectomy. She has been a miracle doctor for us. 

April:  we celebrated Paul’s 35th birthday on April 3 and on April 4, Levi went into the hospital for a sedated hearing test and tubes. He passed his hearing test 100% and there was no fluid in his ears. What a relief. What a chunk of change to be told he was ok πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚. 

May: I spent 2 weeks in Missouri with Afton and Levi. We went by way of Dayon, Ohio to see my cousin Sarah and her 2 kiddos. We had a wonderful time back home. My mom drove back to Virginia with my and stayed a few extra days to visit the kids a little more. It was so nice being able to spend quality time with my step dad Tom. He is so kind and I’m thankful for the joy he brings into my moms life. 

June:  Paul participated in the annual Jefferson Area Motor Skills Competition. He has brought home 1st place 3 out of the last 4 years πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™. It’s such a fun competition. Not just bc I enjoy watching paul ride, but because we have such a great time with the riders who come from all the other departments along the east coast. I was incredibly proud of Paul. He truly is talented on a motorcycle. 

July:  It was fairly quiet. We spent the 4th with the kids. Drove into Charlottesville for fireworks and had a wonderful time with them AND they had their first funnel cake πŸ’™. We took the kids on a weekend getaway with the kids to NYC!!! Oh my goodness we had the most wonderful time. We were there for 2 nights, 3 days and it was perfection!  We walked 9 miles our first day there. I don’t care how compact your stroller is... strollers of ANY size do not mix with the subway system. We walked through the 9/11 memorial museum. I’ve been before with my mom but this time was different. Walking through the memorial with Paul really tugged on my heart. I kept looking around at the pictures and keepsakes and my heart kept racing when I would think of the police families who were destroyed that day. The thin blue line brotherhood runs deep and I felt as though Paul wanted to see the 9/11 memorial ride motorcycle he signed and hit the road. We got back on the subway to head to upper Manhattan and we struck up a conversation with a man who was sitting with a beer in his hand (at 10:00 am). Come to find out he was retired NYPD and he retired the first day he possibly could. We talked about us just leaving Ground Zero. He said he has never been bc he cannot face the tragedy again. He became an alcoholic after 9/11 and 18 years later he was openly admitting he had survivors remorse. It was heartbreaking. We spent the next day and1/2 taking the kids to the M&M store, FAO Shwartz and pointing out all of the really cool things NYC has to offer. I think next summer we will go back in 2 summers when Levi is 4 and Afton is 6 1/2. We stayed in Jersey City and we had the most beautiful view of Manhattan. A trip to remember, that’s for sure!!! 

August: not a lot went on in August. We prepped for football season to start. It was SO incredibly hot in August, everyone stayed inside and just prayed the days would pass quickly. I started a hobby the beginning of August. My brother Adam has been barking at me for months and months about me needing a hobby. So while I was at Joann’s one day, I picked up a ton of fabric and decided to make pillowcases for my nieces and nephews. It’s now the beginnings of a business. Sweet Dreams by Liz is the IG page and FB page name. It’s been fun having a creative outlet. This week I’m finishing up on a big order that I’m taking to Utah with me at the end of the month. 

September:  phew.... almost caught up!!!  It’s been a busy month. College and high school football is in full swing and that means Paul is not home much. We have 3 home UVA games this month. The 1 weekend we have off together, I’m going to Utah, lol. My little sister is going through the Bountiful, UT temple on September 28 and I am FINALLY getting a mom trip. NO KIDS!!!!!!! Just me. I leave the 26th and come home October 1. 4 nights and I’m beyond excited. 

Afton started preschool this month. She is attending First Baptist preschool and she is loving it. Her teacher is so nice and she has 3 other little friends from church in the other classes. Levi is home with me every morning while Aftons at school. I’m loving my time with him. We work on speech and play together. He isn’t quite sure what to do with himself without his commander and chief here with him, lol. This experience is good for all of us. Cannot believe she will begin full day kindergarten next fall!!!!!! 


Well, that’s all for now. Later this week I will get pictures organized and posted!  

πŸ’™ Me

No comments: