Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Abundance of gratitude this Christmas!

II am finding myself with a rare quiet moment. Tv is off, Paul had gone to the Police Department to workout for a little while and baby girl is happily being entertained by Grandma Lorraine. 

I have had a lot on my heart the past week as we approach Christmas Day. It has always been my favorite holiday because of the beautiful traditions that filled my childhood at this time every year. 

This past Friday was a spectacular day. Paul and I finally had the opportunity to drive to the Washington DC Temple and do an endowment session. We have had a lot on our hearts and went seeking confirmation regarding a few things we have been rolling around in our heads. What a powerful experience it was. I firmly believe that spirits are around us constantly and from time to time we get a glimpse of their presence. On Friday I could feel my sister Erin. It was a very powerful presence. It was almost as if she needed me to know she was with me at that moment. Although I have never met my sister in this life... I know she was there in the spirit world with me... Preparing me for the life I would be entering into. I'm thankful for that short moment I had with her. 

On December 3, my mom and my niece Lily landed in Charlottesville for Afton's birthday party. At the airport my mom and I witnessed the most beautiful greeting. I was holding Afton, and Lily kept reaching for me from her stroller. In my complete excitement to see my beautiful bestie I handed Afton to my mom and scoped up Lily. I was expecting her to smother me with loves but instead she reached for Afton. Her and Afton embraced!!!  We stood there for probably 5 minutes while these two girls hugged and kissed each other. Precious is not the word that even comes close to what that moment was... It was heavenly. To watch my 1 year old and her 18 month old cousin embrace was enough to melt my heart. People in the airport kept looked at these baby girls in amazement. It's like they have old souls. I know for a fact that these two were kindred spirits before they came to this earth. The girls can be in the worst of moods but when they see each other when we FaceTime they light up and kiss each other through the phone. I feel so strongly that my sister was a mentor for them before their births. These girls are so incredibly loved. I cannot imagine my life without them. I often think about how different Afton and Liky are. Afton was as planned as they come and Lily was as much of a shock as will ever be possible. Afton has blonde  crazy curls with blue eyes and an ivory complexion. Lily has dark straight hair, dark eyes and looks like an islander most of the year. I'm thankful for their differences bc there is no comparing them. The only thing they share are their sassy attitudes!!! I tell EVERYONE Lily is by bestie. She is the best friend I never knew I wanted... Let alone needed. I say she is my number 2 girl!!!!!  It's true. Afton is my daughter so she can't be my bestie 😊. 

I am so in love with these two girls. I'm so thankful that I get to have an eternity with them. My heart could not be fuller this Christmas season. 

I had a feeling of peace leaving the a Temple on Friday. I was given confirmation that Heavenly Father has something wonderful in store for our family. I believe in my heart that 2016 will bring some change. I'm not exactly sure what it is but I am feeling confident it will be wonderful. 

It's because of the birth of our Savior that I can attend the Temple with my eternal companion and receive revaluation for our family. This is the season that we not only celebrate his birth but celebrate all of the miracles in our lives that have come as a result. How blessed are we to have a Savior who was born, lived and died for us INDIVIDUALLY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! 

Tomorrow is Christmas Eve. We don't have a huge pile of presents under our tree... We don't even have a tree this year. We have our stockings hung and a few presents for Afton to "open" Christmas morning. Tomorrow I am excited to drive around and see lights. I'm excited to read "'twas the night before Christmas" to the babies over FaceTime and I'm excited to have Paul read the Christmas story from the bible. 


I'm feeling so blessed right now. We are all healthy!  What more could I need?  I cannot believe Paul and I will celebrate our 6th wedding anniversary in approximately 6 months. Amazing!!!!!  

I hope you are all happy and well. Have a very Merry Christmas!!!! 

EQ

No comments: