Sunday, February 24, 2013

Almost March... Already?!?!?!

Ok, Ok.... I realize I have been very lazy since November and have not posted anything.  BUT, since I'm convinced I'm the only person who reads this blog, I won't lose any sleep :)

Where to begin... where to begin???  As my husband says "No better time then the present" so I will begin with current events!  Paul left for the Cardinal Police Academy in Roanoke, VA a week ago today and was gone through Thursday for training.  He is officially a Certified Radar Instructor.  This means he will now be able to teach the radar certification classes for the county PD and become their 2nd current instructor.  Considering how many officers have to be re certified every year, it's been a large task for just 1 officer.  I am so so so proud of Paul and for getting a 97% on his test!  In June he has a week long Advanced Accident Reconstruction class he will be attending at our local academy and in July he will be heading towards Virginia Beach for R.E.I.D school for 3 days.  R.E.I.D is an interrogation/interviewing school.  We are still waiting to find out when he will be sent for his Defensive Tactics Instructor training.  Hopefully by this summer!  As for me, I've been busy with work and just had another biopsy done.  This time it was on my left hand.  I'm thankful to say I am still cancer free.  The biopsy did show an abnormality but my margins are clear so they do not need to do any further treatment at this time.  They are watching a spot on my right foot for the next 6 months.  They took a picture of it when I went in for my apt 2 weeks ago.  Dr Magee said if it has changed in the next 6 months they will biopsy it to make sure cancer is not present.  I have too much going on right now to be bothered by cancer!  Stitches come out tomorrow at 1:50! Thank heavens!

As everyone is aware, Valentines Day was our most recent holiday and for everyone who knows me... it's my FAVORITE!!!  Totally kidding :)  Let's just say I have not have the best luck on Valentines day since 2009!  Anyway, This year on Valentines day I was scheduled to work but ended up having to take a sick day so I could have my biopsy done.  Paul and I decided to celebrate the joyous day the Saturday before.  The day started off great, the middle totally sucked but the end was not too shabby.  I have several fears in life and 1 of them has always been hitting a dear.  Well, Feb 9th I smacked right into a huge doe and caused right at $6000 damage to my poor Toyota Corolla!  The deer rolled up a little on my hood and then rolled down the road 3-4 times and ended up in a ditch. I was totally freaking out and called Paul hysterical telling him I had hit a deer and did not think she was dead.  I knew he had his gun with him so he jumped in his dad's suv and drove the mile to where I was.  I was curled up in he front seat of my car refusing to look at the deer and talked to my mom until Paul arrived.  He told me that when he was pulling up, the deer jumped out of the ditch and ran away.  I'm certain she did not get very far but maybe God allowed her to live.  I don't know! 
STUPID DEER!!!!!

Although I did not have a "sweet me off my feet" Valentines Day due to the trauma of the accident and then the biopsy but I did get to have a wonderful dinner and a movie date with my awesome husband and he bought me some beautiful flowers and gave me a very romantic card!  I am so very thankful that I know between now and the day I leave this earth, Paul Quillon will be the personal I spend every Valentines Day with!  I could not have asked for a more loving or supportive husband.  I pray every single day that the Lord will guide me to ways I can be a better wife.  I'm so thankful I have a husband who is not only kind and loving but who is so very patient with me!  He is going to make my eternity amazing!
Ok, now to backtrack a little in life.  Christmas was AWESOME this year!  Paul bought me something that has been on my Christmas List for YEARS!!!!  He bought me a 17(I think) inch tv for my...... BATHROOM!  Ok, don't judge me!  I have been wanting a tv for my bathroom since like 2005 :)  I use to drag a little tv I had into the bathroom so I could watch Dr Phil while I took a bath. Although we don't have cable, Paul set me up with a small dvd player that I can take into the bathroom with me. How awesome is he!!!  He also bought me a camera.  I have been wanting a little Nikon point and shoot camera that I can take with me in my purse.  It's been so nice being able to take pictures again :)  I bought Paul a pocket watch and my mom made us matching pj pants!  While we were in St. Louis in November, mom and I went to a fabric store, I picked out and paid for the fabric and she was so nice and made them for us.  Even though she had a cast on her hand from thumb surgery.  She's the best!  This was also the first year I was able to use the Christmas dishes I bought last year.  The dishes were on a great sale the day after Christmas so as part of my christmas present from my mom, she helped me buy 10 place settings.  These dishes are like a treasure to me! 
Love matching pj's!  2nd year we've done this tradition :)
 Christmas stockings are the BEST!
 Love my dishes!
 Sorry, it's not right side up!
On the far right is my "ugly Christmas candle". It's a tradition I got from my mom!
I hope everyone is having a wonderful February!!!  I cannot believe it's almost March :)  This year is going to fly by!  I'm be 30 in 6 months and 4 days!  EEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKK!  


No comments: